The year-end fiscal drama in Washington DC to which we’ve become accustomed during the Obama years is reaching its 2014 climax. Tuesday night, the Hou […]
In crafting policy for the future, it is helpful to understand the past. And that may explain why we so often receive requests for book recommendation […]
Regardless of party, most Hawaii policymakers will acknowledge that the state’s unfunded liabilities must be addressed. And there have been some […]
Low Ranking on Small Business Policy Index Points to Need for Economic Reform Hawaii is the fourth-worst state in the nation when it comes to policies […]
WALLAY, BURMA—When foreign dignitaries visit Myanmar, still known as Burma in much of the West, they don’t walk the rural hills over which the central […]
E Hana Kakou: Weekly Program
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with former POW, decorated serviceman and author Capt. Jerry Coffee ("Beyond Survival") about how his experiences shaped and strengthened his conservative political views.
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with policy analyst Joe Kent (Policy Analyst) and Malia Hill (Policy Director) of the Grassroot Institute of Hawaii discuss the proposed 11-point action plan of the new govern…
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with Darrel Galera (President) and Roberta May (Board Member) of the Hawaii Center for Instructional Leadership about their work to reform education in Hawaii.
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with Ron Iwami and Tom Iwai of the Friends of Kewaloand (Anuenue Fisheries Research Center) about their work to protect and preserve Kakaako Makai,
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with activist Leon Siu (Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hawaiian Kingdom) about simplifying and understanding the Hawaiian Sovereignty movement.