About three years ago my wife, Marie, and I had lunch at Farrell’s in Pearlridge Center. Just after we ordered, we noticed a young family being […]
MOSCOW—Red Square remains one of the globe’s most iconic locales. Next to the Kremlin wall is a small, squat, pyramidal building: Vladimir Ilyich Uly […]
Pundits largely agree that those who cast ballots last week had more or less one idea in mind—Washington is broken and it needs to be fixed. So imagin […]
If you keep up with E Hana Kakou, the Grassroot Institute’s regular program on ThinkTech Hawaii, you may have seen the recent interview with Leo […]
Research puts state in bottom ten for funding ratio/per capita liability A recent report from State Budget Solutions, evaluating the unfunded liabilit […]
E Hana Kakou: Weekly Program
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with Ron Iwami and Tom Iwai of the Friends of Kewaloand (Anuenue Fisheries Research Center) about their work to protect and preserve Kakaako Makai,
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with activist Leon Siu (Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hawaiian Kingdom) about simplifying and understanding the Hawaiian Sovereignty movement.
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with Senator Sam Slom (Hawaii State Legislature) about the intricacies and challenges of the political landscape in Hawaii.
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with educator Li Schoolland (HBA) about the importance of teaching freedom.
- Host Keli'i Akina speaks with Alan Arakawa, Mayor of the County of Maui, about the latest developments and challenges of serving in the popular tourist destination.